What you’ll gain
In this 1.5 day course, our in-depth lessons and scenario-based activities will give you:
- First aid and CPR plus the additional skills and confidence to handle major injuries, multiple casualties, and more scene-specific, emergency first aid
- a take-home, personal manikin, a St John First Aid Handbook, and a DVD so that you can practice CPR in your own time and share your knowledge with your colleagues, friends, and family (scheduled courses only)
- a First Aid Level 2 certificate valid for 2 years upon successful completion.
Prerequisites and restrictions
In order to offer this comprehensive first aid training opportunity, we require that:
- you are able to physically demonstrate CPR on the floor in a simulated emergency scenario
Please note, first aid courses are non-refundable. Click here for the full training terms & conditions.
What this course covers
Day 1 is a full day starting at 8.30am and finishing at 5pm. Day 2 is a half day starting at 8.30am and finishing at 12.30pm.
Step into our fun and interactive learning environments with our nationally-recognised tutors where we’ll cover the following topics:
- Bleeding and shock
- Heart attacks and chest pains
- Fractures and dislocations
- Soft tissues injuries
- Allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Scene and hazard management
- Patient positioning and assessment
- CPR (Adult, Child, Infant)
- Defibrillator (AED) use
- Choking (Adult, Child, Infant)
- General care
- Head injuries
- Suspected spinal injuries
- Major wounds
- Major burns
- Severe allergic reactions
- Heat and cold emergencies
- Multiple casualty management
Meets the qualification requirement for a workplace first-aider that’s good for 2 years
Pay the difference of a Level 1 to take the second-half of this comprehensive course; contact us to book (must be within 3 months of completing a Level 1 course)
Take our First Aid Refresher course within 2 years of completing this course for a time and cost saving re-certification
This course is taught and assessed to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) unit standards 6401, 6402, and 6400.
When booking this course, opt-in to get these unit standards added to your national student profile with NZQA upon successful course completion.
Request a private or customised course
Need a private booking for your large group or organisation? Want a course like this that covers scenarios related to your workplace or industry?
Click below to get started or call us on 0800 ST JOHN (0800 785 646).