What you’ll gain:
In this full-day course, our in-depth lessons and scenario-based activities will give you:
- the confidence to recognise and treat everything from common injuries to life-threatening medical emergencies
- the skills to offer vital assistance and CPR before more experienced help arrives
- the starting point for advancing your first aid training to the next level
- a First Aid Level 1 certificate is valid for 2 years upon successful completion.
Prerequisites and restrictions
In order to offer this elemental first aid training opportunity, we require that:
- attendees are physically capable of kneeling on the floor to do CPR.
Please note, first aid courses are non-refundable. Click here for the full training terms & conditions.
What this course covers
Step into our fun and interactive learning environments with our nationally-recognised tutors where we’ll teach you how to:
- Bleeding and shock
- Heart attacks and chest pain
- Fractures and dislocations
- Soft tissues injuries
- Allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Scene and hazard management
- Patient positioning and assessment
- CPR (Adult, Child, Infant)
- Defibrillator (AED) use
- Choking (Adult, Child, Infant)
- General care
Minimum qualification requirement for a workplace first-aider that’s good for 2 years
Evening courses are also available in select locations to fit around your family or work schedule
Craving more after completion? Pay the difference to learn how to manage serious emergencies such as multiple casualties by taking the second-half of our Level 2 course; contact us to book
Take our First Aid Refresher course within 2 years of completing this course for a time and cost saving re-certification
This course is taught and assessed against the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) unit standards 6401 and 6402.
When booking this course, opt-in to get these unit standards added to your national student profile with NZQA upon successful course completion.
Request a private or customised course
Need a private booking for your large group or organisation? Want a course like this that covers scenarios related to your workplace or industry?
Click below to get started or call us on 0800 ST JOHN (0800 785 646).