What you’ll gain
In this three-day course, our in-depth lessons and scenario-based activities will give you:
- the confidence and skills to use CPR, resuscitation, extrication techniques and immediate, advanced first aid assistance in any situation, especially in isolated locations
- familiarity with common emergency care equipment, airway care, and respiratory support
- a chance to discuss special equipment and conditions specific to your workplace
- a PHEC certificate valid for 2 years upon successful completion
Prerequisites and restrictions
In order to offer this advanced first aid training opportunity, we must require that you:
- are physically capable of kneeling on the floor to do CPR.
- hold a current First Aid Level 1 or Level 2 or Refresher or equivalent certificate that is less than 2 years old
- can complete the pre-work theory that is required prior to the face-to-face course.
Please note, first aid courses are non-refundable. Click here for the full training terms & conditions.
What this course covers
Significant pre-work theory is required for this course and this will be emailed to you on enrolment with full instructions.
Step into our fun and interactive learning environments with our nationally-recognised tutors where we’ll teach you how to:
Recognise and provide pre-hospital care including:
- Scene and hazard management
- Patient triage/prioritisation
- CPR with equipment such as airway and oxygen
- AED use
- Patient monitoring
- Managing deceased patients
- Medical or trauma conditions changes
- Moving patients/extrication
Ideal for surf lifesavers, ski patrollers, and others who need to treat patients in more isolated locations before handing them over to ambulance and hospital crews
More than 50% of the course is hands-on
Qualification requirement for an advanced workplace first-aider that’s good for 2 years
Take our PHEC Refresher course within 2 years of completing this course for a cost and two-day time saving re-certification
Request a private or customised course
Need a private booking for your large group or organisation? Want a course like this that covers scenarios related to your workplace or industry?
Click below to get started or call us on 0800 ST JOHN (0800 785 646).