What you’ll gain
In this short, four-hour course, our in-depth lessons and scenario-based activities will give you:
- confidence in recognising and treating cardiac arrest, choking, and bleeding
- the basic skills to provide time-critical assistance and CPR before more experienced help arrives
- a Basic Life Support certificate valid for 2 years upon successful completion
Prerequisites and restrictions
In order to offer this opportunity for learning the first aid basics, we must require that you:
- are physically capable of kneeling on the floor to do CPR.
Please note, first aid courses are non-refundable. Click here for the full training terms & conditions.
What this course covers
Step into our fun and interactive learning environments with our nationally-recognised tutors where we’ll teach you how to:
- Scene and hazard management
- Patient positioning and assessment
- CPR (Adult, Child, Infant)
- Defibrillator (AED) use
- Choking management (Adult, Child, Infant)
- Serious bleeding and shock management
Ideal for anyone who wants to learn CPR
Includes NZQA unit standards 6402 (or 26551 upon request)
Short enough to be retaken every 6 months as recommended by the NZ Resuscitation Council to keep your CPR skills up-to-date
Request a private or customised course
Need a private booking for your large group or organisation? Want a course like this that covers scenarios related to your workplace or industry?
Click below to get started or call us on 0800 ST JOHN (0800 785 646).