The St John and Site Safe joint First Aid Construction Safety course combines construction health and safety requirements with First Aid Level 1.
- Ideal for all construction workers wanting to learn new workplace first aid skills and gain qualifications, or refresh their first aid training
- Covers key elements of construction site safety, ensuring all workers understand their health and safety responsibilities
- On successful completion of the course learners will receive a Site Safety Card (passport)
The course is broken down into two main sections:
- The first section is delivered by a Site Safe Trainer and focuses on construction health and safety. It covers understanding how and why you should do your job safely, your personal responsibility for being safe and how you can contribute to a positive safety culture on-site.
- The second section is delivered by a St John First Aid Trainer and focuses on construction-specific examples, scenarios and common construction injuries. It covers CPR, how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED), managing bleeding and burns and more.