What you’ll gain
In this full-day course, our in-depth discussions, lessons, and scenario-based activities will give you:
- the skills to recognise mental distress
- the confidence to provide initial help and guide a person towards professional help
- a Mental Health First Aid certificate
What this course covers
Step into our fun and interactive learning environments with our nationally-recognised tutors where we’ll teach you how to:
- Identify the early signs of a mental health problem
- Get a basic understanding of the relationship between mental health and mental disorders
- Identify mental health crises
- Identify strategies for managing a mental health crisis safely
- Follow our ‘Listen to your HEAD’ action plan
- Identify help agencies and where to get immediate assistance
- Understand debriefing strategies for self-care
Prerequisites and restrictions
We invite everyone to attend our Mental Health First Aid course. Attendees do not need any prior training or experience.
Please note, courses are non-refundable. Click here for the full training terms & conditions.
Mental disorders as a group are the third-leading cause of health loss for New Zealanders
Ideal training for managers responsible for their staff, those interacting with the public, or simply anyone who wants to improve their knowledge around mental health
Everyone can benefit from Mental Health First Aid training
This course is not a therapy or support group, nor does it teach people how to be therapists
Request a private or customised course
Need a private booking for your large group or organisation? Want a course like this that covers scenarios related to your workplace or industry?
Click below to get started or call us on 0800 ST JOHN (0800 785 646).