What you’ll gain
In this half-day course, our in-depth lessons and scenario-based activities will give you:
- the skills to identify and deal with serious illness and life-threatening medical emergencies
- the confidence to be able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives
- a Child First Aid certificate valid for 2 years upon successful completion
Prerequisites and restrictions
- are able to physically demonstrate CPR on the floor in a simulated emergency scenario.
- are able to complete your assessments in English -you must be able to make a 111 call in English without the use of a translator.
Please note that there are no creche facilities available - we can not accomodate infants or children on the course. If you are breastfeeding, please ensure you have a support person with you so you don't miss important content.
First aid courses are non-refundable. Click here for the full training terms & conditions.
What this course covers
Step into our fun and interactive learning environments with our nationally-recognised tutors where we’ll teach you how to:
- Scene and hazard management
- Patient positioning and assessment
- CPR (children and infants)
- Defibrillator (AED) use
- Choking (children and infants)
- Fractures and dislocations
- Serious bleeding and shock
- Allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Breathing difficulties
Recommended for parents, grandparents and other family caregivers
Recognised qualification for home-based educators and nannies
Offered as a 2 day, split course in some locations
Short enough to be retaken every 2 years to keep your Child First Aid certificate and skills up-to-date
This course is taught according to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) unit standard 25459
When booking this course, opt-in to get this unit standard added to your national student profile with NZQA upon successful course completion