Online Mental Health First Aid Refresher+
Our online MHFA Refresher+ course will refresh your knowledge since your Mental Health First Aid initial course to support your own mental health and those around you.
- With 1 in 6 New Zealand adults experiencing a mental illness in their lifetime, chances are someone you know or care about may need help
- Ideal refresher for anyone who has attended our face-to-face or online Mental Health First Aid course
- This course will help you build your own mental fitness as well as being able to assist others.
- We recommend that you have attended a St John Mental Health First Aid course or a St John Online Mental Health First Aid course or equivalent.
- Does not include the assessment for unit standards
- Please read the full course information and prerequisites before booking. First aid courses are non-refundable.
- Once booked, you will receive an email about accessing your online course
- Please refer to our training terms & conditions.
This online Mental Health First Aid refresher + course will teach you the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to someone experiencing mental health concerns.
In this 4-5 hour online course our in-depth modules and activities will refresh your knowledge since your initial course and give you:
- the tools to build your own mental fitness
- the skills to recognise mental distress
- the confidence to provide initial help and guide a person towards professional help
- an updated Mental Health First Aid certificate
First aid courses are non-refundable. Please refer to our training terms & conditions.
This online version of the Mental Health First Aid course follows the same format as the in-class version.
Recognise and provide mental health first aid including how to:
We invite anyone 18 years or older to complete the Online Mental Health Refresher+. It is preferable, but not a requirement, that you will have attended a St John Mental Health First Aid course or a St John Online Mental Health First Aid course or equivalent.
Please note: This course is not a therapy or support group, nor does it teach people how to be therapists
Minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Apple IOS not recommended
- Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required browser settings:
- Turn off compatibility view in Internet Explorer
- Font downloads must be enabled (HTML5 only)